The Chemetrics I-2019 Dissolved Ozone Meter is a handheld, battery operated device with an LCD screen readout of dissolved ozone levels. The items needed for taking a test of the levels of ozone dissolved in water include: the I-2019 meter, a zeroing cylinder, a new testing ampoule, a light cover, a test cup, activator solution, and, of course, the sample of dissolved ozone.
Always remember that the steps for taking the test must be done quickly to avoid O3 breakdown before the test is completed. Ozone reverts quickly back to oxygen (O2), and if too much time passes from when you add the dissolved ozone to the test cup to when you take the reading, the reading will be lower than what the true ozone level is in your application.
These are the steps:
1. Turn on the I-2019 meter by pressing the ON/OFF button. The O3 symbol will appear on the screen.
2. Place the zeroing ampoule in the meter’s sample port.
3. Place the light shield over the zeroing ampoule.
4. Press ZERO/TEST button. The O3 symbol will flash for 8 seconds, after which the screen readout will read 0.0.0.
5. Remove the zeroing ampoule and set that aside. Keep the light shield for the next steps.
6. Fill the test cup to the 25 mL line with dissolved ozone.
7. Add 5 drops of activator solution to the test cup.
8. Place tip of new testing ampoule in sample cup and snap off tip against the bottom of the test cup. The vial is vacuum sealed and will fill instantly with the sample.
9. Dry the vial, place it in meter’s test port, and cover with the light shield.
10. Wait 1 minute for the test to develop.
11. Press ZERO/TEST button. The O3 symbol will flash for 3 seconds, and then the reading of the dissolved ozone level will appear on the meter’s screen.
Purchase I-2019 Battery Operated Ozone Meter here: https://www.oxidationtech.com/i-2019.html