The Problem Today
Awareness is growing for a variety of hazardous airborne microbes such as mold, fungi, bacteria and viruses found within the indoor environment. Exposure to these microbes can occur in a variety of indoor settings such as residences, office buildings, hospitals, airplanes, and medical and dental offices. High levels of microbes can also be found in most enclosed locations where people gather such as schools, theatres, restaurants, etc.
The average person spends approximately 90% of their time indoors. This can increase their risk of health more than the outdoors.
Medical research linked Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) to numerous allergies, asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, heart disease and cancer. In addition to this, there are many less severe symptoms and diseases such as congestion, coughing, dermatitis, dry throat, headaches, eye irritation and viral infections that also reduce your well-being and health.
A reduction in fresh air supply in most buildings have a negative side effect of withholding pollutants inside the building. Reductions may be used to conserve air conditioning cooling costs. This affects the health in both short and long term for the occupants of the buildings.
Most odoriferous (aromatic) substances are all organic compounds conjugated linkages which are easily attacked by ozone.
Ozone is particularly useful in odor control in the following areas:
- Smoke Odor Removal: Hotel rooms after heavy smoking or parties, cleaners, painting and decorating operations, new carpets.
- Buildings: Air recirculation systems, effectively stops algae, fungus and bacteria formation, saves maintenance expenses, cuts down the amount of air needed. It also saves fuel expense.
- Apartments: Destroys smelly food and other odors from various apartments, kills odors of garbage rooms and deodorizes party rooms. Most effective in removing odors in all types of ventilated ofﬁce and buildings.
- Beauty Parlors: Destroys odors of hair sprays, nail polish, perms, etc. Keeps air fresh.
- Super Market Stores: To keep air fresh all the time. Ideal for meat preparation areas, meat and vegetable coolers, fresh ﬁsh areas, etc.
- Department Stores: Store smells nice and fresh when opened in the morning.
- Banks: Vault areas, storage areas, central ventilating areas, etc.
- Hospitals: Chronic care rooms ICU & ICCU, cancer rooms, laundries, food preparation area, garbage rooms, operation theatres, and wards, etc.
- Forensic Centers: Morgue rooms, autopsy rooms, laboratory exhaust systems, etc.
- Pet Hospitals: Removal of stench of animal excreta and odors.
- Process Areas: Removes odor from process areas especially in the sea food industry chemical factory, and to maintain sterile areas in pharmaceutical process areas, electronic industries, etc.
Advantages of Ozone in Air Treatment
- Cleans and disinfects air.
- Biological air contaminants are destroyed.
- Effective against microbes, endo toxins, VOCs and organic odors.
- No toxic chemicals need be employed.